"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible." TE Lawrence

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

In the press.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/02/16/2055155/harrisburg-runner-keeps-setting.html#

WOW!,

When I talked to Michelle about doing this article, I never thought it would go viral. Overnight it has been posted on the home page of Lowe's net and over 2300 co-workers have viewed the story. Glad I have been off. Who knows how full the email in box is.

Now with the 2011 goals published and out there I have some miles to make up. I need to average 40 a week and I'm a little behind at the moment.

I'm also working on using my 24 hour run in September to raise funds for a cause. I have a few that are in mind. Now to sort them out and see where God wants me to focus on.

The article sites my two biggest supporters as my family and they are my team. I'm happy to have them. They are my motivation and support. My goal is to find time to put in the miles without sacrificing family time. Tough to do but I can make it happen.

Two other important factors that have helped me on my journey are first I found God again. Realized that no matter how far from him I was, he was always right there. He has put me where I need to be.

Second is I work for a company that cares about the wellness of their employees. The Life Track program is proof of that. Health screening, tips and advice on how to live healthy happy lifestyle. Proving information to put the power in our hands. They even offer a system to build points for healthy living. The points can be used on some great gifts and prizes.

2011 has more goals for me to give back. I have started a running group that focuses on new runners and even runners who had stopped running. The big focus is to keep pace with the slowest runner. Its important for me to be there to motivate. There is nothing worse than being the new guy or the slow guy. Your working you butt off to keep up and the group leaves you in the dust. I can put my goals aside to help others reach their goal. I will go and put my miles in after the group run.

I also completed a marathon in January. i was able to be a pacer. I chose a pace that was below my time. 4:30 this was perfect. The reward of bring in a first time marathoner and someone who was just trying to better their last marathon time was awesome. I will continue to volunteer and do this a soften as I can.

The support has been overwhelming. Thanks to all.

Gotta Run.

No comments:

Post a Comment