"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible." TE Lawrence

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

When a good deal is not a deal.

So I get this e-mail. 50% off running shoes your daily Groupon. Charlotte running Co. $25.00 for a $50.00 gift card for shoes only. I'm thinking great deal. New shoes are definately needed.

My next shoe however is the NB Minimus. I'm slowly moving to zero drop. This shoe has awesome reviews. The shoe arrives early at my normal dedicated store RFYL. I swing in to try them out. Of course I get great service as always. I'm even notified about the dangers associated with minimal running.

Knowing I'm not buying that night I get my usual service.

I send a e-mail to Charlotte Runnig Co. requesting to let me know when the Minimus arrives. I wait until March 1 and still no reply. I call the store, and find out they are in. However theey did not order a 13 for fear a minimal runner may not buy this shoe in a larger size.

I drive down to try the 12, if it doesn't fit i'm ready to buy my wife her Asics.
No luck the 12 is too small and they don't sell the Asics. Now i know I went in with the attitude of what I wanted. The service or advice I recieved was he thought the shoe had a low arch and felt he rolled in on the inside.

Just as im ready to sell my Groupon to a customer he tells me we can order them. I agree to this and we make the sale.

Now a week later and i have yet to get a call my new kicks are in. I call the store to find out maybe by Friday.

Now I am not writing this to bash anyone other than myself. I should have passed on what I thought was a good deal. Gas at 3.50 a gallon and I need to drive 15 miles out of my way to pick them up whenever they do arrive. I'm thinkin the $25.00 bucks I saved may not be worth it after all.

Gotta run. ( in my old shoes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment