"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible." TE Lawrence

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Late

So I'm looking forward to this event tonight all week. Its a meet and greet for the 4 mile race. The add states 6:30-8:00 Wine and munchies, Get a custom Somino shoe fitting, Lucky winners will get prizes including a pair of Somino shoes.

So day 4 in a row of hell at work. I get stuck dealing with a complaint that needs settled before I go home. Scheduled off @ 5 should give me plenty of time to swing by the running store, pic up my number and shirt. Head down to the VW dealer where the party is.

I don't get out until 6. The running store has only the owner working. He's selling shoes and handing out the race T's.

Needles to say I screwed up. I get to the party about 7:30. Make some chit chat with the marketing guy from the VW dealer. Get some grub and get in line for the fitting. I find out they allready did the drawing. Ok now shoes to win I'll still get a hat or waterbottle. Nope! I'm S.O.L. The guy ahead of me gets the last bit if swag.

So I go through the fitting process. I get on the box, flex my knee, do the other foot. The rep hands me a slip of paper with a few check marks. He says take this in and they will set your shoe up. I'm thinking there is a nothe guy around the corner putting shoe together to test. Nope, gotta take the slip back to my running store to try them on.

So I hang out for a few, chit chat with the rep and a few other runners. Finaly i decide to drive home disapointed in myself. I had planed on getting there @ 6:30 and missed my plan by an hour. I should have skipped picking up my gear. Ooops.

Just had to be that guy and put out a little rant on how dissapionted I am in myself.

I do want to say that if your going to state your custom fitting the shoes, how bout having some to try on.

Gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment