"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible." TE Lawrence

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Life throws you a curve.




This curve is one of my favorite runs. Its only a half mile from the start. Every time I run it I see the sign and it reminds me that a curve is an opportunity to change direction.


We never know when life will throw us a curve. We can't map out our direction in a line.


When you see the curve coming slow down just enough to reflect on life for a moment. As you hit the apex of the curve speed up and face what lies beyond with full speed ahead.



My curve I'm going through is the toughest one I have ever had. The hearing loss I'm going through has presented me with a challenge.

I find it hard to explain to people how my hearing is. I have had to fake allot of conversations lately or run ahead of the crowd. Its something you cant explain to people. Just hope they notice the hearing aid and get the message. I have never tried to be the whoa is me type. (unless it with my wife)

One more try this week with a dose of prednizone if that is no help its off to get a new aids in both ears. Unfortunately that will cost almost as much as a used car.

I'm kind of in the apex of that turn, once I start hearing again I'm sure I will take off running.

Gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment